So, you want to be a barber and you’re wondering why you should train with Thomas Lloyd Barbering Academy? Well, we’ve got more than a few great reasons why we should be your first choice of barbering school, so let’s get stuck in.
Why Thomas Lloyd Barbering Academy?
At the academy, we know a thing or two about hair. We’ve been teaching people for over five years now, and as professional barbers, we have years of experience in the industry and work with some of the leading brands to keep you up to date with best practice and the top products.
We deliver our training in small classes. You will attend a course with four other students, our classes only have five people at a time. This means you will get more one to one training whilst you are with us. We are always on hand to guide students and take them through the process.
We have a proven track record for delivering NVQ barbering courses. This leaves you with an internationally recognised barbering qualification. Plus, we also teach the art of hot towel shaving and skin fading, something you won’t get on a lot of other barbering courses.
We’re a VTCT approved centre which means our qualifications are regulated and widely recognised. VTCT are one of the leading qualification providers for the hairdressing and barbering industry.
- Choose from a nine-week full-time or a 23-week part-time course.
- Your training takes place in a live and busy barbershop, so you get hands-on experience with different clients and hair types.
- We will help you with the search for employment when you’re nearing the end of your NVQ course.
- We care about our students and their success! We’ll do everything we can to help.
- We can help you get your barbering kit for a discount.
Thomas Lloyd Barbering Academy
Based in Cardiff, our academy is easy to get to from the city centre. It’s 15 minutes from the city centre, and around eight minutes away from Cathays train station. Find us on Google maps.
You will train in a live barbershop once you’ve completed the initial stages of training, giving you plenty of cutting experience!
At the academy, we offer three core training courses, our 7-week full-time non-NVQ course, 9-week full-time NVQ course or a 23-week part-time course.
- The 7-week course is suitable for beginners and great for those who don’t need an NVQ but want to learn skills to complement their existing role.
- The 9-week full-time course will see you finish with an NVQ and be ready to work.
- If you’re looking for flexibility, the 23-week part-time course will allow you to gain the qualification around your existing job.
We also offer a barbering course for hairdressers. It’s a 7-week course that’s suitable for hairdressers with at least a year of experience. If you just want to learn how to fade or refresh your skills on this, we offer a one-day course.
You can see all our available courses and the breakdown of what you will learn on our course page.
We’ve taught people from all over the world to cut hair, and over the last five years, we’ve fine-tuned the process, learning a lot about how we can better ourselves as tutors. The feedback we’ve had has been something we always take on board to make sure we give everyone who comes through our doors the best training.
We believe in bettering the barbering industry and maintaining a high level of professionalism to pass on to our students. No one can really describe the experience better than our past students, so take a look at their testimonials to see what they thought of their training.
Any questions? Get in touch and we’ll be happy to help!